Friday, January 14, 2011

Touchy Topic #3


Touchy subject number three:

Abortion.

This is one of the rare things I don’t actually struggle with.  Murder is murder, even if the life is still a fetus.  I believe even the smallest fetus is a baby, with a soul and life ahead of it.

I get that some people will not make good parents, that the child might have a hard life (can I just take a second to promote ADOPTION as a better option), but wouldn’t you rather have a hard childhood than no life at all?

I get that pregnancy changes the mother’s life, especially when they’re young.  (Let me take another moment to reproach pro-life Christians for often making this even harder for young mothers, because most of us believe sex is meant for marriage.  Come on, people.  Stop and think before you react.  Love one another.  Not judge and scold and preach and only love when they crumble under the pressure.)  I sympathize, really I do (though I’ll admit to only having an outsider’s view on the hardships), but murder’s still murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment